Technical Requirements for Online content
General Technical Requirements
To access Thunderbird online content your PC will need a minimum of the following:
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Macintosh OS 10.7 or better
- Firefox v22 or better (Mac and Windows)
- Internet Explorer v9 or greater (Windows only)
NOTE: Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported - Please upgrade as soon as possible!
Untested and Unsupported browsers:
These may work but have not been tested extensively. There are know problems with these browsers while using TLE (Thunderbird Learning Environment)
- Safari v5 or above
- Opera v16 or above
- Google Chrome
- any other browser not specifically mentioned
Make sure Cookies are enabled, and Pop-Up blockers are disabled for all Thunderbird sites!
Required Browser plug-ins:
- Flashplayer v11.0 or better (Click here to go to About Flash to see if you have the latest version!)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader v10.0 or better
- plugin to support Windows Media Format files.
* On Windows, this is handled through Windows Media Player (installed by default)
Note that on some Firefox browser installs, you may need to add the Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin
* On the Macintosh, you have 3 options:
the VLC player for the MAC.
or, you can find on older version of Windows Media Player for MAC at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx
Dual - Band Wifi cards (2.4GHZ and 5GHz) 802.11abg recommended.