Thunderbird Portal Login
Thunderbird Portal Login is the unified web login capability that allows users to login once, and access several Thunderbird web applications without need for more logins. (See the Portal Login FAQ here.)
Portal Login can log you in to the following web applications (as your account allows):
- My Thunderbird
- TLE, the Thunderbird Learning Environment
- Lifetime Email Applications for students and alumni (aka. Google Apps for Education)
- IBIC Remote Databases (for faculty, staff and current students)
- starting October, 2011 access to the Thunderbird-Web-Login wifi network will be handled by your Portal Login.
When you use any of these sites or services, you will be redirected to the Portal Login page. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be returned to the originating web site. After this, you will not have to log in to any of the other web applications listed (as your account permissions allow).
Your Portal Login will remain valid for 24 hours or until you log out of any of the applications or close the browser. After this, you will be asked to log in again if you move to a new site that you have not logged into yet. NEW: When you check the "Remember Me" box on the login page, you will remain logged in for up to 7 days. See here for more information about "Remember Me".
Additionally, your same Portal Login account (numeric user ID and password) can be used to access the following resources, but you will have to login separately:
- Students, Alumni and Guests can use it to login on Campus public PC's
- Login on the Thunderbird Wifi network
- Student Printing provided by the Pharos print stations around campus